A Company Page remains an essential resource for your business to build a credible reputation, solidify professional connections and source the right candidates for open vacancies. If you haven’t created a Company page, try this: Add a Company.
As long as have an email address similar to your URL domain ie. for LinkedIn you would need email@example.com you’re ready to start.
- Bring your Page to life! Add a banner image (much in the same vein as a Facebook cover photo) to the top of your LinkedIn Company Page. The default landing tab for your Company Page is the Home tab. Your banner image will appear at the top of this tab. This is very similar to the Facebook Cover Image that you are able to utilize on your Facebook Business Page, although the image size is different. The size of the LinkedIn Company Page banner image should be 646 x 220 pixels. You can place a clickable URL behind your primary banner image, which will serve as an additional traffic driver and, of course, another incentive for users to like your Page. Followers/fans are always good for your company profile, and helps support the case (to your boss) that you’re doing a good job by pushing up qualified community numbers.
- Remember to populate your “About” Section with richly relevant keywords. Consider some of the taxonomies around the ‘Skills and Expertise’ sections of your own personal profile and include those keywords where appropriate.
- Utilize the Career and Products Now Featured on Home Tab. Instead of hidden information about your company’s products and services or careers, there are now sidebar spaces on the Home tab that feature these sections of your LinkedIn Company Page. Good for your visitors, good for your business.If you are not utilizing the Careers tab section of your Company Page, you will see a default image of your logo icon and some default text that says “Learn more about our company and culture.”
- You now have the option to showcase interesting offers from your company under the Products/Services tab
- For the Products and Services section in the sidebar, the first product that you’ve created in the Products and Services section of the Company Page will be featured here. Make sure your first product is the primary product you want featured.
In summary, invest some time to optimize your LinkedIn Company Page and take advantage of the new features. Monitor and track the metrics that matter most to your business.
Marketing Samurai can help you with your LinkedIn strategy. Learn how by completing this form today.
Photo source here.